Thursday, May 7, 2009

clutch one finished up


Hi all, clutch one for the bluebird season is wrapping up. Just waiting for a few more nestlings to fledge and will begin cleaning out all the boxes in anticipation for clutch two. We did have a few nests not make it. And it seemed that more eggs failed to become fertilized but in all, most nests were successful! YAY!

We did seem to have more six egg clutches laid and some nests with only three surviving chicks. This is mostly due to a couple of the eggs not being fertile. So results from our research should be interesting to say the least!

I know I put up an older picture, I really need to download my camera and hopefully I'll get more pictures in clutch two. This first clutch went by so fast and with all else that was going on, well, I was bad and didn't get many pictures. take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

anyone can now comment but I will still monitor them so that the site does not get a bunch of spam on it.