Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring has sprung

I've managed to get a bit of outside work done these past few days. We are on spring break and I have a lot to do, but I just could not resist getting outside.

I've made four flower beds with one to finish up today if the rain slacks off a bit.

I kinda went crazy with the flower seeds. I planted them all. That would be hundreds and hundreds.....of packets. LOL! Ok, maybe just one or two hundred. But it was a lot! I still have some sunflower seeds I want to plant over there by the fence.

I also planted two blueberry bushes and two rosebushes. (Yellow and supposedly fragrant)

We shall see what pops up! I did have a reason why I planted so many. Many of the seeds were older, from a couple years ago, that I got for about 2 cents a pack on sale. So basically ALL the seeds cost about five bucks. I love after season sales.

I'm also trying my hand at some heirloom seeds. I've got about five different tomatoes poking their heads up.

Now to find some dryer drums to make my raised garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

anyone can now comment but I will still monitor them so that the site does not get a bunch of spam on it.