Thursday, March 17, 2011

What does "change" REALLY mean?

We've heard the word SO much, we are sick of it: Change!

We've seen Obama's version of the word. Are we satisfied with that? I know I'm not.

We hear: "the more things change, the more they stay the same" yep, we can see that.

But seriously, what does change mean? How FAR do we really change? What do we really want to see change?

I know what I'd like to see "change", let me share a few things:
I'd like to see a clean and healthy environment with clean and healthy people who joyfully LIVE.

I'd like to see each and every person know what personal responsibility is and do it. I'd like to see an end to greed and corruption. People truly putting others before themselves.

gee sounds a bit Utopian doesn't it. Well I can dream and I usually dream big when I do.

I have my own bit of peaceful life.... but drama from the world always overshadows it and creeps in.

So what will it take to have a world full of happy, peaceful, healthy people?

a LOT of change. Not just external changes but internal changes.

Sometimes I swear that we as a society have battered spouse syndrome. We are so use to this deplorable society we live in, that we do not think we can do better. Or maybe we think we don't DESERVE better.

Can we change our minds and "do to others as we want done to us"? sure as individuals but really in order for that to really work, EVERYONE has do to that.

And let's face it, some of us LIKE being greedy.

So here we shall sit: battered and bruised -taking it. Losers?

Maybe some day we will get our fill and begin to realize that we DO deserve better and we can DO better ...individually and it will spread until those who think they have all the power will realize that they really don't have it because we will have CHANGED and their little pathetic kingdoms will crash at their feet.

Or maybe we can just "bitch slap" them?

What I think it all boils down to is: our personal integrity.

It will take a change within each and every one of us.

Let's find our integrity and change for the better, even if others don't. I'd rather be a "loser" with my integrity intact; than a "winner" without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

anyone can now comment but I will still monitor them so that the site does not get a bunch of spam on it.